Uveitis in Children - Intro
How can I tell if my child has uveitis?Acute uveitis has some fairly obvious symptoms:-
- Painful, red eyes
- Photophobia (sensitivity to bright light)
- avoid outside play, such as the playground and sports
- be clumsy
- watches television in a different or strange way
- have difficulty seeing things you see
- fall over frequently, bump into things, or trip on uneven ground
- have swollen or painful joints, especially around the fingers and knees.
The Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Uveitis Support Group's Kids Section has useful information for parents, children and teachers.
Uveitis in Children
This is an article by Professor Susan Lightman of Moorfields hospital. It describes the different types of uveitis that children may experience.